I created the “Travellers’ Tales” section to give other travellers an opportunity to talk about their travels. Today I would like to introduce you to Leigh, a travel blogger based in Chicago, USA. Visit her blog at Campfires & Concierges .
I would love to hear about your travels too. Go to “Travellers’ Tales” , fill in the quick questionnaire and email it to me with your blog links.
Read about Leigh’s travels here,
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Leigh, I am a marketing manager for an IT company in Chicago, and a travel blogger in my “spare time.” I have been traveling since I was young, and my favorite trips are outdoor adventures followed up by a fancy hotel & spa.
2. What is your earliest travel memory?
When I was 7, my grandparents took me to Colorado. It was my first trip away from my parents and I’ve been in love with the Rocky Mountains ever since!
3. Where was your last holiday?
I spent Christmas and New Year’s on a kayak camping trip in Baja, Mexico.
4. What was the best thing you did there?
We camped on a remote island for 4 nights and went hiking and snorkelling every day. Plus the food was amazing!
5. What was your best holiday ever? Why?
I spent my 40th birthday on an 11-day whitewater rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. It was something I had dreamt of for years. The scenery, adrenaline-boosting rapids, and lack of any outside communication were my favorite parts!
6. What is your favourite travel destination?
Mexico – I love the food, the culture, the people and still have many destinations within Mexico to visit.
7. What must one do there?
Take a shot at using Spanish, even if it’s just a little bit!
8. Who is your favourite travel companion/s?
9. Name one item you must have when travelling.
A book or my Kindle
10. Your best travel advice?
Don’t overthink anything! If you do, you will talk yourself out of it.
11. The one place you want to visit before you die?
Africa – I think the only reason I haven’t visited yet is that I want to “go big”.
12. Worst travel experience?
I haven’t had too many, but I thought it would be fun to take an overnight train in Thailand. Not long after departure, a roach was scurrying around in my cabin. (I have pretty big bug phobias) So, I didn’t get much sleep that night.
13. How can people connect with you?
- My blog is Campfires & Concierges
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/leighlwilson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/campfiresandconcierges
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/campfiresandconcierges
Thank you, Leigh , for sharing your fascinating travels with us!
I would love to hear about your travels too. Go to “Travellers’ Tales”, fill in the quick questionnaire and email it to me with your blog links.
Who will I feature next? I’ve got an exciting line-up ahead. Make sure you subscribe to the free newsletter so you don’t miss out on some exciting travel tales.