A Disney vacation is on almost every family's wishlist. But Walt Disney World can be quite overwhelming for a first-time visitor.
Here are 10 Disney Tips to get the most out of your Disney Vacation
- Shop around for your Walt Disney tickets. You can save a bit by buying from the right place at the right time. I bought mine from Parksavers . They were cheaper than the official Disney website at that time and had a special offer of 5 days for the price of 4.
- Stay at a Disney resort. You can take advantage of extra magic hours and get free transport to and from the parks all day long as well as free transfers to and from the airport.
Walt Disney All-Star Movies resort exterior
- Plan yourself well – or you may end up not having time to do everything you want to. Give yourself at least a day for each park – maybe even two days each at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, if you can. If you have lots of time, then consider having non-park days in between your park days as you could get all “parked out” and not enjoy the experience as much.
- Download the Disney mobile app. It's invaluable. You can book fast passes and check waiting times on the go. Choose your fast passes wisely as you can only book three initially on the app. Once you’ve used them, you can book more. Read more about Fast Passes here .
- Take care of your Disney Magic Bands. If you don’t live in the USA, you will get them at your Disney resort when checking in. They serve as your entrance tickets and room keys and you use them to access your Fast Passes. Also, use them to book your photos after each ride. You will then be able to see your ride photos online and decide whether you want to purchase them or not. Read more about magic bands here.
Disney Magic Band
- Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers as you can expect to walk around fifteen to twenty kilometres a day km a day. If you have a baby or toddler, do take a stroller with.
- Take your own snacks/sandwiches with. Food and drinks are very expensive in the park. Lunch for 4 at a restaurant in Epcot cost us $70 (Over R1000 at the time), and a coffee cost us $4 (R60) each.
- Take an empty bottle with you for water. There are free stations for drinking water throughout the parks. You can refill all day long. If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can buy a refillable mug, which you can refill with soda or hot beverages as often as you like,
- The night time events at the parks are really spectacular. But going to the parks from early morning till late at night can be tiring, especially with small children. So it is better to go in the morning when the parks open, go back to your hotel for a siesta and return in the evening.
- Carry ponchos with you as there are sporadic rain showers. They sell ponchos at the park but as with everything else, they are very expensive.
See more tips here.
Read about Walt Disney World here.
Have you been to Walt Disney World? What are your favourite Disney tips ? Let me know below.
For more about USA, visit American Travel Blogger.